There are days when it seems very frustrating to drive in Hampton Roads. We are a melting pot of drivers from all over the country. But can you believe that out of 7 major cities – Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach – not one of our cities made the 10 Most Congested Highways & Cities In The US list!
This is good news for us!
The list of the 10 most congested highways comes from Google Maps, viable Mashable. The good news for us is that none of major routes on the East and Gulf Coasts are included. The bad news is that drivers in California and Hawaii are facing daily gridlock. Google’s list includes:
- Interstate H-1 E, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Interstate 5 N, in San Diego, California
- Caligornia 2 E, in Los Angeles, California
- Lunalilo Freeway, Kalihi-Palama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- US Highway 101, in Hollywood, California
- Interstate 278 W, in Sunnyside, New York
- Interstate 678 N, in Briarwood, New York
- Lunalilo Freeway, from Liliha to Kapalama in Honolulu, Hawaii
- US Highway 101 N, in downtown Los Angeles, California
- California 2 E, in Santa Monica and Glendale, California
That said, folks in other parts of the U.S. aren’t completely in the clear. Google Maps also revealed a list of America’s ten most congested cities, and several metro areas in the East and Midwest did made the cut here:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York City, New York
- Los Angeles, California
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Washington, D.C.
- San Francisco, California
- Duluth, Minnesota
Hopefully these lists will help you be prepared for wherever you may be driving this summer!
At Car Direct, our goal is to help you in finding the right vehicle for you at a rate that you can afford. Check out our inventory page to see what we currently have in stock. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Give us a call – that vehicle may be on its way in. If not, we’ll find it for you! And then we’ll help you get the best financing possible!